World Theatre Day (WTD) celebrations have been going on all week. The NYC WTD Coalition has a ton of exciting, fun and informative events. Here are some suggestions of how you can honor this international day of celebration.
- Theatrical Performances: Shows throughout the city where the WTD messages will be read and/or distributed. Check out the listings.
- NYC World Theatre Day Celebration: Party with friends and theatre artists from around the world, hear the International Message read by a NY theatre luminary, and watch footage from the NYC SPLAT Performance and from celebrations in other cities from around the world. On 3/27, 4:00pm - 7:00pm at Dixon Place.
Attendees are also invited to attend a special work in progress showing of Nuevo Laredo by Gabriella Barnstone at 4:30pm at Dixon Place.
- Making the Political Personal: A brunch and panel discussion of notable New York artists will be hosted by hotINK and moderated by Kevin Bitterman, Associate Director of International Programs at TCG. While this event IS FREE, space is limited and an RSVP is required. March 27, 2011 at 10:00am at the Lark Play Development Center - 311 West 43rd Street, 5th Floor.
- Elmar Maripuu, Canadian Playwright to be featured at HotINK festival of New Plays
from Around the World
- Barbara Lanciers, Program Officer at Trust for Mutual Understanding
- Nilaja Sun, Actor/Playwright/Activist and Solo performer and writer of the Off-Broadway
hit No Child
- Melanie Josesph, Artistic Director, The Foundry Theatre
To get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up on the NYCWTD website.
Check out details about the events at www.nycwtd.com.
Check out the blog at www.nycwtd.blogspot.com.
Follow us on Twitter @nycwtd
Friend us on Facebook